Cannonsports.com Privacy Notice
Last updated: March 1, 2011.
To see what has changed, click here.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Cannonsports.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Cannonsports.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
What About Cookies?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Cannonsports.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Cannonsports.com on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Cannonsports.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
Does Cannonsports.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, Recommended for You, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Cannon Sports Associates with content served by Cannonsports.com and Web sites using Checkout by Cannon Sports payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Cannonsports.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Cannonsports.com or sell offerings to you at Cannonsports.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. Click here for some examples of co-branded and joint offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Cannonsports.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Cannonsports.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Cannonsports.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Cannonsports.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. When you place your order online your entire credit card number is transmitted directly to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. We do not see or collect your credit card number. We receive the last 4 digits of the credit card number back from the bank so we can communicate that information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites. Click here
for more information about our Advertising Policies and Specifications.
offers useful information about Internet advertising companies (also called "ad networks" or "network advertisers"), including information about how to opt-out of their information collection.
Cannonsports.com also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Cannonsports.com, visits to Cannon Sports Associate Web sites, or use of payment services like Checkout by Cannon Sports on other Web sites. Click here
for more information about the personal information that we gather. Although Cannonsports.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for classical music). If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences
Which Information Can I Access?
Cannonsports.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Cannonsports.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here
to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
Are Children Allowed to Use Cannonsports.com?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Cannonsports.com features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section. When you update information, we ususally keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your profile settings. (if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Cannonsports.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changees.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
Cannonsports.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Cannonsports.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Cannonsports.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Cannonsports.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Cannonsports.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; specify a Special Occasion Reminder; share information with Cannon Sports Friends; and employ other Personal Notification Services, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; e-mail addresses of Cannon Sports Friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Information from Ohter Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include Wilson, Spalding, Tachikara, Brine, and Easton.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Cannonsports.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, and address book); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites); shopping lists and gift registries; and Your Profile.